Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell Slow using Bridge/Hub - How to troubleshoot?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DevonB1
Follower
Follower

I recently migrated my doorbells to Arlo from Ring because of HomeKit Support.

When I first received the doorbells I just hooked them to Wifi and they were very fast, so much faster than my Ring doorbells. Viewing recorded video was almost instant and the live view. I only moved because Arlo offered Homekit support.

Two weeks later, I received the bridge/hub and moved them over and voila HomeKit support! But the doorbells are super slow, missing motion - or sometimes audio but no video. I tried moving the hub around to a new location - assuming the problem is signal strength. I also reduced video to 1080 thinking that might make it better but no improvement.

The hub is connected wired Unifi switches in the old and new locations I've tried. My internet is 1GB and my Wifi is really fast - also Ubiquiti (Amplifi) using multiple wired access points. But I'm sure there is a lot of wireless interface, I have 3 Zigbee hubs - multiple access points, etc.

Is there a way to troubleshoot the signal strength the doorbells are receiving from the hub? Any other troubleshooting steps? I was looking for a setting similar to Ring which shows device health including power and Wifi signal but can't locate.

I tried a support ticket but that was a week ago and not heard anything. I did try calling as well, waited on hold 30 minutes - no answer.

I really want to keep the bridge connected for HomeKit.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DevonB1,

The symptoms you describe sound like interference or signal strength issues.

What does the signal strength icon show for the doorbell? How far away is it from the SmartHub?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation