Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I turn off motion section on my wireless doorbell?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RHMTravee
Follower
Follower

I want to turn motion detection OFF on my Arlo Video Doorbell so it only notifies me when someone activates the doorbell. Is this possible?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sure. Use the Disarmed mode.

RyansWycoff
Aspirant
Aspirant

Motion Notifications can be turned on or off from the doorbell settings. If you'd like to be notified anytime your Doorbell Cam detects motion activity, leave Motion Notifications on.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@RyansWycoff wrote:

Motion Notifications can be turned on or off from the doorbell settings. If you'd like to be notified anytime your Doorbell Cam detects motion activity, leave Motion Notifications on.

Your referring to the audio doorbell, right? The OP says it's a video doorbell.

celestyan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes this is possible.

It’s done using the rules under the active “mode” of the hub it is connected to. (I’m not too sure if it’s just connected to WiFi - if that’s possible).

As people have rightly pointed out setting the mode to disarmed will achieve this and if you only have a doorbell that is probably enough.

That works though because the disarm mode doesn’t have any “rules” configured to take action when motion is detected on any devices.

You can achieve exactly the same thing yourself in a custom mode by simply not defining / deleting any rule associated with the doorbell.

For example, I have both a doorbell and an ultra camera with overlapping fields of view of the front of the house. I have the camera setup to trigger on motion detection but not the doorbell.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation