Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell Notifications on Cell Phone

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cbrummund
Tutor
Tutor

Just added the video doorbell to my Arlo Ultra installation.   Set up and activation went fine.  One issue is that when the doorbell is rung, it immediately calls my cell phone.    I don't want a call; just a text alert.   Can't figure out how to change that function.  Would appreciate some advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

You may be able to do this using a third party service, such as IFTTT, but sending a text message isn't part of the typical Arlo feature set.

For more information on IFTTT, take a look here: What is IFTTT and how do I use it with my Arlo device?

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cbrummund,

You can turn off the incoming call by navigating to Settings > My Devices > Silent Mode > Toggle off incoming call

JamesC

cbrummund
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks.   I know how to turn it off.   I was looking to set an alternative action to send me a text rather than calling my cell phone.

Chuck

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you created a mode and rule for the doorbell camera? The "Do Nothing" selection should still be able to send a push notification without recording (if that's what you want - otherwise allow the camera to record in addition to the notification).

cbrummund
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks to each of you that have replied, but I am apparently not making myself clear.    I want the camera to record; it does that.    I want to be sent a notification; it does that by calling my cell phone.   The latter is the problem that I am trying to solve.   I don't want a phone call.  I simply want to receive a text.  Is that possible?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

You may be able to do this using a third party service, such as IFTTT, but sending a text message isn't part of the typical Arlo feature set.

For more information on IFTTT, take a look here: What is IFTTT and how do I use it with my Arlo device?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation