Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
marnihome
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have a kit with for Ultra 2 Camera , basestation 5000 and one Wireless Video Doorbell HD with Arlo Premium subscription

I would like to configure the Doorbell to record only to cloud, not to the basestation, is that possible?

Model AVD3001-100NAS I think

Thanks

Marco

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

marnihome,

AVD3001 doorbells connect directly to your home network and record to the Arlo cloud by default when you have an active trial or subscription plan.

JamesC

marnihome
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes

Can I disable recording to local basestation only for the doorbell?

Thanks, 

Marco

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The doorbell cannot record to the base station, so it's disabled by default.

JamesC

marnihome
Aspirant
Aspirant

My doorbell record to basestation

How can i send a screenshot?

Marco

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The new Essential Gen. 2 doorbell can currently ONLY connect to your WiFi and not to any base station or SmartHub. Any camera connected to WiFi will only record to the cloud. Are you sure you have the Gen. 2 doorbell and not one of the earlier models? Is the doorbell actually connected to your base?

You can attach a screenshot by using either the "camera" icon above the text box when replying or by clicking on the "Drag and drop or browse" selection under the text box.

marnihome
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Gen 1 doorbell

Marco

marnihome
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_5293.jpg

Screenshot of Doorbell recording to base station

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's always important to identify the specific equipment properly since different models may well have different solutions.

Anyway, no, you can't disable only the doorbell from local recordings if the doorbell is connected to your hub. However, you can remove the doorbell from your account and connect it to your home WiFi instead. Only videos recorded through the hub are recorded locally.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation