Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FAZZAMJF
Guide
Guide
Hi Community,

Hope you can help. Just purchased the video doorbell to add to all my other Arlo stuff.

So far pleased with how it works.

During setup i selected to have “no chime” since I planned to use just mobile phones and I have no plans on fitting a traditional chime ever!

I noticed during setup that there was a “digital” chime option. I wanted to test this but find very few details about it. Also the KB to switch the setting does not work (see below).

I don’t want to reset, remove and add it back onto my base hub if possible. I really shouldn’t need to either IMO (at least if the KB below was telling the truth).

https://kb.arlo.com/000062350/How-do-I-change-the-chime-that-my-Arlo-Video-Doorbell-triggers

Arlo IOS App = v2.22.6 (1632) 8th Dec 2020

Where it says “Traditional Chime”, I am unable to tap/click anything on that line. It just says “Not Connected”.

So I think I found a bug in the app, but if anyone has any tips they are much welcomed.

Note: I do not have the chime power box fitted. My doorbell is wired direct to 24V AC PSU. Again I believe this is only needed for a Traditional Chime setup. Digital or none should still work.

My Idea/Plan: I hope digital chime can be used with my many Google home mini hubs around the house. I’m still in play/test mode so might do other things if supported.

Hope someone can guide me,

~FAZ~
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FAZZAMJF,

You should be able to tap the dropdown button next to "None" and change to Mechanical or Digital. Could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing?

JamesC

FAZZAMJF
Guide
Guide
Thanks for getting back to me. I attempted the attach a screenshot last time but the website didn’t like the image from IOS

Attempting it again now. (Seems to have worked this time!)

Note: it says “Not Connected”
not “none” as I originally explained. Oops 🙂

Mark
FAZZAMJF
Guide
Guide
FYI: I purchased the Arlo Chime now. Seems to work well but already found another settings bug (I will post in another thread about this).

Attached updated screenshot. Shows new melody section now the chime is linked but there are still no options to turn on “digital chime etc”.

Still hoping to to link the button press to alert Google
Home devices if possible (aka hoping for a fix for this at some point).

Regards,
FAZ
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation