Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell Battery Died - No Agent Followup - Case 41831292

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
henrylargo
Aspirant
Aspirant

My video doorbell COMPLETELY stopped working after 4 months - installed in March..

I called the Arlo support on July 24, 2020- agent David went over troubleshooting with me.

He asked me to check my last video upload - it was 1 week prior.

He asked me to check which colored light the doorbell showed - there were no lights showing at all.

He asked me to hold the reset button - still no lights showing.

He asked me to restart the installation - I did it and still no lights came on.

He asked me to take and send a photo of the power kit - it was properly installed.

He asked me to use a multimeter and take a power reading at the doorbell wiring - it read 20.1 volts.

He asked me to disconnect the doorbell and cross the wires to see if it would ring without it - it rang properly.

Arlo support member David said it needed a new battery on July 24 and I would receive an email saying how to have a replacement sent out within 10 days from my July 24 call.  IT IS AUGUST 10TH AND I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE EMAIL.  I STILL HAVE A DEAD DOORBELL. 

Is it common for Arlo support to just ghost you like this?? Technical issues have not happened to the other 9 items I've bought from them, so this is very aggravating.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

henrylargo,

I've escalated your open support ticket and requested an update. An agent will be reaching out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

henrylargo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

How many days will it take for a response?

Thanks

derickwatsun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Honestly probably a week at least for someone to call back. I called in August 4 for an issue, the tech support team said sorry nothing they could do about the issue I had, and since there wasn't a manager (due to COVID and furloughs), they could not transfer me and closed the case.

I complained on Twitter and their marketing team said someone would contact me, and it took them 8 days to get back to me. Someone called me today (Sunday) and apologized but will check with their managers again to see if problem could be resolved. I purchased an Ultra 4 pack last year and a Pro 3 earlier this year -- SO disappointed in both their software and cloud subscription services. If you're still within return window I suggest you to just return for a Ring. If they don't fix this issue I'll get a refund from the credit card company and then go with another system.

Good looking hardware but slow software, price-gouging cloud services, and terrible support.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation