Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Helli_Do
Tutor
Tutor

Hello Arlo community!

I have an Arlo Video Doorbell AVD1001 and integrated it via W-LAN.

The recordings are working correctly, but if someone rings the doorbell and you want to speak to that person, there is a delay of 5 to 10 seconds - unusable communication.

Video Doorbell has full wireless reception (2 m away) and the upload speed to the Internet is 20 Mbit - download 160 Mbit.

I've already reduced the video settings - no success

Model: AVD1001 | Arlo Video Doorbell
7 REPLIES 7
Observe7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the difficulty with communicating through the doorbell. No sound. Or maybe it is not loud enough. In any event no one can hear my voice. Any suggestions?

djskyhawk
Guide
Guide

Be sure the speaker and microphone are set to max, in the app.  Make sure you have not muted the mic in call settings.

djskyhawk
Guide
Guide

There will always be a certain amount of latency (delay) when dealing with anything digital or internet related.  Several factors will affect this: router, ISP, traffic on your connection, and Arlo.  The sound has to travel to your router, through the internet, and back.  My system gets latency from 2 to 8 seconds, just depends on the day and time.

Damomac
Initiate
Initiate
I don't think this is a good enough response, I have Google home devices on the same network capable of delivering video and sound with little or no delay. I would expect the same from my Arlo device, but I am getting around a 10 second delay which makes it difficult communicating, is there any resolution for this ?
Sungpill
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just bought wired arll doorbell. This is almost useless to communicate. 10 seconds delay Returning
BBar
Aspirant
Aspirant

5 to 10 second Audio delay makes audio communication frustrating and impractical.   I have +100Mb internet service and a solid mesh wifi system in home -- that's not the problem!

djskyhawk
Guide
Guide

Delays can be frustrating, as are other things like an app that sucks.  Consider where that signal goes and it's not that bad.  Camera to router to modem to cloud back to modem to router then to your device.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation