Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
punkorambo
Initiate
Initiate
I have my video doorbell hooked up to my VMB4540 SmartHub along with four other cameras. I have IFTTT rules to help me arm and disarm the system based on time of day and location. However, I’d like to know if there is a way to have just the doorbell armed all of the time without a custom mode because custom modes don’t work with IFTTT. I’d like to know if a package is delivered, even while I’m home. Sometimes the delivery person does not ring the bell and my package is out front for a while. Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

punkorambo,

You could sync the doorbell directly to your home network instead of your SmartHub. This would allow you to use the default "Armed" mode for the doorbell without arming the rest of the devices synced to the SmartHub

How do I connect my Arlo camera directly to my WiFi router?.

JamesC

punkorambo
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you @JamesC . I was hoping to avoid this scenario because I store the videos locally. Hopefully, Arlo will allow specific cameras to be armed and disarmed using the default armed and disarmed modes or update their IFTTT integration to include activation of custom modes. Do you happen to know if there is a way to submit suggestions?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation