Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ArneDK
Follower
Follower
Hi,
Is it possible to install the Arlo video doorbell without existing wired doorbell only using a transformer with the correct voltage and amp?
Arne
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. That's exactly what I do. The doorbell will still generate a call to your phone when pressed.

Hunga2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, can you guide me how to set it up? I look for that to install for my front door, 🙏🏼
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Follow the installation directions but skip through the part about connecting an existing chime. 

Neil1923
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to use without existing doorbell. I have managed to get to the part where it scans the code but it does not find the video doorbell? What do I do?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to try the reset procedure found in the support FAQs here. Do you get the appropriate light ring conditions as you connect and try to set up? Are you connecting to a base or SmartHub or to your WiFi?

Neil1923
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.  Yes I had the white circle showing. The QR code went beep but then it searched but could not find the doorbell? I am using wifi.  Regards Neil 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd start by resetting the doorbell as described in the FAQ here. It may also be worth setting your phone to use your 2.4GHz SSID.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation