Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Traditional Chime setting missing

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SCE303
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am attempting to install an essential wired doorbell (#AVD1001) with a traditional chime. I do not hear my existing chime when I press the new doorbell. I checked the wiring and documentation and found that I need to check the "Traditional Chime" property in the doorbell settings. I cannot find this setting. I have tried both the Android Arlo Secure and web apps.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SCE303 wrote:

I am attempting to install an essential wired doorbell (#AVD1001) with a traditional chime. I do not hear my existing chime when I press the new doorbell. I checked the wiring and documentation and found that I need to check the "Traditional Chime" property in the doorbell settings. I cannot find this setting. I have tried both the Android Arlo Secure and web apps.

Do you see "Library" at the bottom of your app page?  Or do you see "Dashboard" and "Feed"?

SCE303
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Dashboard and Feed on both the Android Arlo Secure app and the Arlo Web Portal.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to remove the doorbell from your account and set it back up again, being sure to select the appropriate option when asked about existing traditional chimes. I don't think it can be configured after the fact.

SCE303
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

OK, I will try that and let you know. Thanks

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation