Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DUNKENBLITHS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will actively persuade people not to buy your product until you fix this issue...

https://twitter.com/DunkenKBliths/status/1651137531914891265 

I have a "VMB4540r2" and wish to not use the CLOUD anymore - While all the other cameras will record to USB on the HUB and I love it... the Door Bell will not accept USB storage 

This needs to be fixed in your software immediately, or I will actively be promoting across all social media that you are false advertising that it can be used off the CLOUD...

Fix it !!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DUNKENBLITHS wrote:

I have a "VMB4540r2" and wish to not use the CLOUD anymore - While all the other cameras will record to USB on the HUB and I love it... the Door Bell will not accept USB storage 

The base is doing the local storage, not the doorbell - so if the doorbell is connected to the base station (not your home wifi) then you should be seeing local recordings.

What model are your other cameras?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DUNKENBLITHS wrote:

The base is doing the local storage, not the doorbell - so if the doorbell is connected to the base station (not your home wifi) then you should be seeing local recordings.

What model are your other cameras?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just checked local storage here for both my doorbells which are connected to my hub (NOT WiFi) and they are definitely recording locally.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Just checked local storage here for both my doorbells which are connected to my hub (NOT WiFi) and they are definitely recording locally.

That is with Feed, correct?

DUNKENBLITHS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank goodness...for that... will withdraw my complaint...

When I bought the system I started with the Doorbell, so was connected to internet directly...

Thank you for sorting this out so quickly..

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@StephenB wrote:

@jguerdat wrote:

Just to finish this thread up, yes, it's with Feed (new UI) but the same would be true with the old UI.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

@jguerdat wrote:

Just to finish this thread up, yes, it's with Feed (new UI) but the same would be true with the old UI.

Just to clarify - you are saying that local recording isn't working with Feed.  We don't know if it is working with Library or not. 

It should be working with both.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation