Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Switzerland

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DawnGri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Initially installed my video doorbell without problem. It automatically stored to Web with free months ... I installed it for Hub which has 2 other cameras already installed. When this auto free Web subscritpion expired the doorbell ceased to work. I have been trying every week or so since and the doorbell refuses to be installed.  It really makes me HATE this controlling arlo potential... are u really simply forcing .e to use yr Web subscription and not the Hub which worked fine before and currently with other devices. I had it all working with updates and all.... now it won't even be seen... I can't get passed the basic first step. Any help appreciated before I go anti arlo.  Thank you very much.

4 REPLIES 4
FranklinRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry to hear this frustration....   Which model of the video doorbell do you have?  Also which of the hubs do you currently have?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Lack of a subscription doesn't cause the doorbell to not work but cloud recordings and certain other features do.

Have you reset the doorbell?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

Is the transformer up to spec - have you checked the voltage at the doorbell? If the doorbell has been disconnected from power for a while the small internal battery is depleted and has to recharge before you can add the doorbell so connect it for at least 15 minutes before trying to onboard it.

What happens if you try to connect to WiFi instead of the base?

Of course, the possibility of the doorbell being faulty exists. You can purchase a monthly subscription so you can access support via the app and then cancel it when done.

DawnGri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Thank you.

I did reset it a number of times over several days but it didn't work.

Battery fully charged.

i follow the instruction which is to connect to wifi in order to update software.  Thats when it can not find the device amd get no further.

Any other ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Going back to your original post, you say that the trial subscription expired and recordings stopped. That doesn't cause the doorbell to be removed from your account - it just causes cloud recordings to no longer be available. If you set up local recordings on your hub, you could use those instead of needing a subscription.

Since you're trying to add the doorbell into your account and that you've performed the reset procedure, did you also remove the doorbell from your account which is needed? If not, you can't add a doorbell that's already been added. In addition, the doorbell first needs to be connected to WiFi (unless the onboarding procedure has changed). Is that what you're trying to do?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation