Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Standalone video doorbell without traditional chime

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
frankstallone
Star
Star

With an appropriate power adapter and the correct voltage, is it possible to install a standalone Arlo Video Doorbell without having to connect it to an existing traditional chimes?   20-24 volt transformers are easily available, so I am wondering, has anyone else done this, and does the camera work properly?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's how mine is set up. Works fine with just the phone getting calls from doorbell presses and videos at any time.

bobed
Initiate
Initiate
How is your set up wired?
I have contacted all out technical support three times and have gotten conflicting answers.

We would prefer to have no chime activated however have the video doorbell sent to our iPhones

Thanks so much for all of the help
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bobed wrote:
How is your set up wired?

If you have no chime installed, then you should be able to use just the transformer (w/o the power module).  Of course the transformer does need to be within the spec.

If you do have a chime installed (but don't want to use it), you can simply disconnect the lead on the chime for either front or rear (whichever is appropriate).

bobed
Initiate
Initiate
Great thanks so much for your help

I have a 16V 30VA transformer but prefer to have only iPhone notifications for us while having the chime disabled

It’s unfortunate that we need the community to provide info that should be readily available from Arlo tech support

Once again thanks!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation