Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2nd ARLO VIDEO DOORBELL INSTALLED - TRADITIONAL CHIME NOT WORKING

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
R_Hud
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just installed my 2nd ARLO VIDEO DOORBELL (AVD) and hooked up the TRADITIONAL CHIME which is not working.  I have restarted the video door bell, and turned the 24vAC power off and on to the chime (stated as a solution in another post).  The traditional chime is not working with the 2nd AVD.  Since this is the 2nd arlo video bell on the hub, has anyone wired two doorbells to one traditional chime?  The switch is set to "0", for both power units and the other video doorbell,  does ring the chime as it is supposed to.  Everything else works on the 2nd AVD as it should.  Is there a way to check the 2nd power unit?

20200215_123658_resized.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Both power modules are installed between the front doorbell connector and the transformer connection..  

That isn't right - the rear door power module should be connected to the rear and the transformer.

R_Hud
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much for the response.  I did not have a wired doorbell in this location before, had the wireless arlo doorbell, the one with out the camera, so maybe i cannot put a video doorbell here?   I have the arlo chime that goes with the wireless doorbell, but looking at the forums, it is not compatible.   Looks like i need to wire in a separate tradition chime in the location to get it to work.  i am certainly open to any other solutions, if there is another way.  Thanks again for the response

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@R_Hud wrote:

Thanks very much for the response.  I did not have a wired doorbell in this location before, had the wireless arlo doorbell, the one with out the camera, so maybe i cannot put a video doorbell here? 

Was there wiring for a wired doorbell there?  The video doorbell gets power from those wires.

Right now you have both power modules connected to "front" and "transformer".  You don't want that, so remove one of those power modules.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation