Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Separate settings per activity zone

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pgm8705
Follower
Follower

I'm a little shocked that it doesn't look like this is possible, but I wanted to ask here to find out if I'm missing something.

Is there no way to have different activity zones behave differently? With my doorbell I want an activity zone that is just around my front porch to send push notifications. I don't want a notification every single time a car drives by or a person walks by on the sidewalk. However, I DO want to record those things. It is not uncommon for folks in the neighborhood (or even police sometimes) to ask if anyone's video doorbells captured something. People with Rings have no problem with this. 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pgm8705 wrote:

Is there no way to have different activity zones behave differently? 

That would be a nice feature, but Arlo doesn't have it.

You can reduce unwanted notifications (but preserve recordings) by turning off vehicles, animals, and all other motion in the smart notifications (which requires a subscription).  That wouldn't help with people on the sidewalk.  Though the range of the motion detection is normally 20-25 feet for people, so you might not be getting those anyway unless something else is triggering the PIR motion detector when they are walking by.

Another option if you are using a base station is to add local storage to the base.  The base will save all recordings (since the activity zones are applied in the Arlo cloud).   

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation