Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
David-H
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. I just installed my doorbell and I had to mount it horizontally due to the siding where my old doorbell was mounted. If I were to have mounted it vertically, there would have been a gap where the wires come out. Is there not a way to rotate the image? 

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master

There usually is an option in the camera video settings for picture rotation if it gets mounted upside down.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:

There usually is an option in the camera video settings for picture rotation if it gets mounted upside down.

@David-H :  Yes, but you can't rotate it 90 degrees.  Only 180.

David-H
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, that's unfortunate. You have an option if you mount the camera upside down but not when you have to mount it horizontally?

Dannybear
Master
Master

If you mount the camera sideways then all the pixels will roll out.

Likely reason is the apps are not capable of showing 9:16 aspect ratio so you’re stuck with 16:9 AR.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:

Likely reason is the apps are not capable of showing 9:16 aspect ratio so you’re stuck with 16:9 AR.

It would be nice to have 90 degree rotation - the camera on my porch would give better coverage with 16:9.  And of course it would be a solution for @David-H's installation constraints.

One potential problem is that the PIR sensor is optimized for horizontal motion, so one side of the field of view would be more sensitive than the other if you rotate 90 degrees.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation