Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My doorbell not picking up any sound

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rrmk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just slightly outside of warranty period my doorbell is malfunctioning not picking up any sounds, taking FOREVER to connect to Wi-Fi after manual reset, etc…. Support gave me MULTIPLE trouble shoot steps which I’m telling her I’ve already done most of them with no luck. I mean who wants to spend massive amount of time tweaking the door bell. I’m full time working single mom. Last thing I want to be doing is to spend more time in trying to fix this thing. Anybody had better luck with other doorbell brand like Ring? Need input from those who actually tried other brand

11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this occurring with a live stream session or with an audio rule triggered to record? 

Rrmk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both. I can hear sound however the volume is very very low and cannot make out what’s being said even if the person speaking is standing a couple foot or so away from the doorbell. The volume on recoding and re-playing are of course set at highest on arlo and also on my phone. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the reply, Is this occurring with a Samsung/android device? 

Rrmk
Aspirant
Aspirant

No. iPhone 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Sorry, I know you already chatted with support, I do have some questions to see if I can pin point the cause. Does the same low audio issue occur over the web portal and mobile data?

Rrmk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure if I understand the Q. I view recoded videos on an app on my iPhone or iPad.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rrmk wrote:

Not sure if I understand the Q. I view recoded videos on an app on my iPhone or iPad.

@ShayneS is asking to you also view them on a PC/Mac and see if you have the same issue - browsing to my.arlo.com

Rrmk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! Just checked video on the app. The same issue persists. I’m just ready to replace this thing honestly. It’s not working and too much time spent in trying to fix.

Rrmk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I meant that I viewed videos on the PC….. the same issue of having no sounds persist regardless I view videos on the app or on a PC. I have to think the device is broken and not picking up sounds. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for checking this. Let me notify my L3 team and I ill get back to you as soon as possible.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I sent you a Private Message : )

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation