Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Resetting a device that was registered to someone else

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
a50chamberlin
Follower
Follower

Please help! We just moved into a new house and the sellers left us an Arlo Essential Wired video doorbell. I have tried everything to reset the device and reconnect it to our wireless network and can’t get it figured out. All I want to do is to speak with a service agent but I can’t because I don’t have a device registered and don’t have a plan. I can’t set up a plan because I don’t have a registered device. Anyone have any suggestions? 

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master

You probably should buy a new one as the device needs to have been removed from the owners account before it can be imported to a new account.

Maybe shop around for something that will suit you wallet.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@a50chamberlin wrote:

Please help! We just moved into a new house and the sellers left us an Arlo Essential Wired video doorbell. I have tried everything to reset the device and reconnect it to our wireless network and can’t get it figured out. 

Can you explain what you tried?  

The reset procedure is here:

1. The wifi network security needs to be set to WPA2 (AES). 
  2. The phone/tablet needs to be connected to your home wifi.
  3. Special characters (punctuation) in the network name and password can get the way, so remove them if you can't onboard.
  4. If you can disable 5 ghz (or 6 ghz if you have it) in your router, then do that temporarily during onboarding.  That ensures that the phone is on 2.4 ghz (which is the same band that the doorbell uses).
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation