Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording without subscription

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JonasSWE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it possible to record video without a subscription at all?

If yes, 

- Is it an attached USB to the Base Station that is the solution?

In my case the "Record video" is greyed out.

I have a really looong case with support and they tell me to do things that i believe isn't relevant any longer.

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JonasSWE,

If your doorbell is synced to a base station or SmartHub you can enable local storage allowing recordings to be stored locally. Depending on which model base station/SmartHub you have, you may need to eject the storage device and view the recordings from a computer.

For recordings to be saved to the cloud library, you must have an active subscription to an Arlo Smart plan. Without an active Arlo Smart subscription, content cannot be saved to the library.

JamesC

JonasSWE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you know if VMB4500r2 can view the videos in the app?

Bought it one year ago.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At least currently you need a VMB4540 to see local recordings in-app. No idea if that will ever change (may be a hardware thang).

Koulie
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

What type of video recordings can you do without a subscription? Motion detected records? 24/7 recording?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Only motion detection.

JonasSWE
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems that the Arlo support doesn't know about that. They haven't asked me about the version of the bridge. The strange thing is that if i use the web page i can choose "Record Video". When i then look in the App it is still unchecked and greyed out.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation