Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Nashville53
Aspirant
Aspirant
Recently subscribed to the Ultimate plan as the free trail ran out, £12 a month covers both my cameras with decent storage. However, the records have stopped. In the Rule, the Record button is greyed out, which is frustrating as I now have the subscription. So the doorbell is at Do Nothing and I can't change it. Done all that has been suggested previously. Logged in and out, tried the Web browser, all to no resolution. Can someone please help?
When it was the free trial, perfect, now I'm actually paying, no recordings, rubbish!
21 REPLIES 21
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nashville53,

Check to make sure the camera is participating in your subscription. You can find this by logging in to your Arlo account and navigating to Settings > Subscription > Manage Cameras

JamesC

Nashville53
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep, done that... 🙄😔
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the camera or hub, depending on how it's connected? Miight be worth removing and re-onboarding again.

Nashville53
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I have the wireless doorbell and the Pro 3 camera with floodlight.
These are connected directly to the WiFi, no hub.
Tried all that has been suggested.
Still the Record is greyed out in the Rule...
Been working absolutely fine on the 3month free trial, then subscribed to the tune of £12 per month and lost the ability to store recordings!
Everything else works fine, no issues, it's just the Record is greyed out. Massively annoying
Nashville53
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I attach photos on here?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nashville53,

You've already tried removing and factory resetting the camera as suggested above? https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nashville53 wrote:
How do I attach photos on here?

You can attach either jpg or png using either the camera tool in the toolbar (over the text box) or by clicking on the paper clip below the text box.  If you have a photo with a jpeg extension, you need to change it to jpg before attaching it.

The camera tool embeds the photo in the post, the paper clip just attaches it.  Mods review embedded photos, so it can take a few hours for those to show in your post.

Nashville53
Aspirant
Aspirant
So....
I've spent the last 2hrs on this.
I have subscribed to Arlo Secure Plus which was paid in April as my first installment.
Apparently, Secure Plus gives you up to 60 days recordings and I have Activity Zones.
Since subscribed (not on free trial) no recordings in my library. I also see many threads on this with no real solution.
And I've tried them all now.
I have a wireless doorbell and a Pro 3 with floodlight, all connected via WiFi, not hub.
When on the free trial, I was able to adjust the Activity Zones, I can no longer do this.
On the doorbell, the option just isn't there for the Zones, and on the Pro 3, I can adjust the Zone but it's not working with a message that reads, "You need to connect AC power for the Zone to work". This is not the case as the Zones were working on the free trail.
This is an add-on issue I have found to the initial problem of no recordings. I have now completely removed the two cameras and the app, and reset the WiFi.
I've set both cameras up as if new and reinstalled the app. I have made sure on my subscription that nothing cameras are in the plan but still no recordings.
If I go into Rules, the Record Video option is still greyed out.
After all this pain, still no recordings, and now, no Activity Zones..!
Having read the benefits of the Arlo Secure Plus plan, I should have no issues I'm experiencing. And I'm paying £12 a month for the pain...
Can someone from Arlo please explain...??
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nashville53 wrote:
I have made sure on my subscription that nothing cameras are in the plan but still no recordings.

Did you mean to say that you made sure all the cameras are listed in the plan?  Or something else?

Nashville53
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep, stupid auto correct...
All cameras are in the plan.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this concern and the dev team is currently review these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information to share.

JamesC

Nashville53
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you James.
Honestly, I've tried everything.
Very frustrating as it was brilliant on the free trial, but now, 2 monthly payments have been made and I haven't really got a service!
Looking forward to your reply.
Srdjanlj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem. Installed a wire-free video doorbell. After 3 months of free subscription for the doorbell  (where everything worked fine), I upgraded the plan and added the video doorbell to the new plan. I have 6 other cameras in the plan. Since then, no video doorbell recordings have been taken. The recording button is grayed out. This must be a problem with the new subscription plan. When I logged a ticket I received an email to that effect but it also stated that if I do not update the ticket from my side in 14 days, the ticket would automatically be close. Come on! I objected to that as the problem is obviously for Arlo to fix. Net-net the new Arlo Secure Plus plan is not working well. 

Nashville53
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can I ask what a ticket is please?
Srdjanlj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Logging a problem with Arlo support and getting a reference (or ticket) number from them. 

Nashville53
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok... Update...

Front door bell (wireless, running direct from WiFi router) now has started recording, and the previously greyed out record button in the Rules, is no longer greyed out. It is recording and storing the videos in the Library.

However, the front door bell doesn’t have the ability to create an Activity Zone, so it's gone from recording nothing to recording everything..!! Painful!

There was the ability to create an Activity Zone while it was on the free trial, when it was working really well. Now, no mention of an Activity Zone, not even greyed out, which is really weird, and annoying.

The garden camera, a Pro 3 with Floodlight does have the ability to create an Activity Zone, as it did previously in the free trial with no issues, but it doesn't work now I paying for it..! I get a message saying, 'You need to connect to an AC power source for the Activity Zones to work', or something like that...

This is BS as it worked perfectly on the free trial... 🤬

Honestly, this is not the product I experienced on my free trial. I can only think the recordings have started because the second direct debit came out for the Arlo Secure Plus, £12 per month...

I'm about to launch these products into the Thames... Rubbish...

Then I got an email asking for me to complete a survey on my experience with Arlo..!!! 😂😂😂

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nashville53,

If you restart the impacted devices from Settings > My Devices, do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Nashville53
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, same.
Tried literally everything I can do here but I've always had the feeling that this is something to do with Arlo Secure Plus plan or when I went from the free trial to subscription.

As I've said, all was fantastic on the free trial for 3 months.
Everything is good now but the Activity Zones, which was once there but disappeared on the door bell completely, and is there on the Pro 3 but unable to use as it now mentions an AC power source (it didn't need that before on the free trial).
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nashville53 wrote:

As I've said, all was fantastic on the free trial for 3 months.
Everything is good now but the Activity Zones, which was once there but disappeared on the door bell completely, and is there on the Pro 3 but unable to use as it now mentions an AC power source (it didn't need that before on the free trial).

Activity zones while on battery power are included in the subscription, so something isn't right here.

You might want to try Arlo support.  Use the support option in the app, and select a camera in the subscription plan.  That will give you a phone option for support.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud side fix was release that should resolve this issue. Please try again and let me know if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Nashville53
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks James.
Will try tomorrow 👍
Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation