Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Installation

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jcovington9
Aspirant
Aspirant
My chime power is 17.8 VAC and states "Use with 16 VAC transformer ". Is this compatible with AVD1001?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jcovington9 wrote:
My chime power is 17.8 VAC and states "Use with 16 VAC transformer ". Is this compatible with AVD1001?

The AVD1001 is compatible with transformers in the 16 - 24 volt range, so that part should be ok. 

The other transformer spec that matters is the power output (either spec'd in amps, or more commonly VA).  The AVD1001 needs at least 10 VA.  Higher VA is fine - the transformer spec is the max it can deliver, but it won't deliver more power than the doorbell+chime need.

What chime do you have?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jcovington9 wrote:

The AVD1001 is compatible with transformers in the 16 - 24 volt range, so that part should be ok. 

The other transformer spec that matters is the power output (either spec'd in amps, or more commonly VA).  The AVD1001 needs at least 10 VA.  Higher VA is fine - the transformer spec is the max it can deliver, but it won't deliver more power than the doorbell+chime need.

What chime do you have?

Jcovington9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, Stephen, for confirming my thoughts.  My chime is a 35-yr old Emerson C85.36-1.  The label lists it as a 16 VAC unit supporting front and back doorbells, although I only use the front.  I should be good to continue my installation.  Thanks again!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation