Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

QR CODE WILL NOT SCAN

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TMHDesign
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought a home and the previous owner left the doorbell for me. For whatever reason, I am not able to get the doorbell to scan my QR code.

It tells me to press the doorbell, I do, and the bell rings, and the white lights flash (momentarily). I hold the QR code near the doorbell, 4 inches, and nothing happens. I am also on the correct wifi type. 

Am I missing something? Does the previous owner need to remove the device from his account perhaps? 

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TMHDesign wrote:

Once a doorbell is installed, may an owner at anytime just press/ring the doorbell, place the QR code, and it should scan? 

Well, you do need to reset the doorbell via the reset button.  You should remove it from the account when doing that.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TMHDesign wrote:

I hold the QR code near the doorbell, 4 inches, and nothing happens. I am also on the correct wifi type. 

Have you tried increasing the distance - slowly shifting the phone in the field of view during the scan?  4 inches might be too close.

TMHDesign
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stephen, thanks for your help. Yes, I have tried to move the QR code within and beyond 4 inches. I have also tried various lighting scenarios.

Tell me something, please? Once a doorbell is installed, may an owner at anytime just press/ring the doorbell, place the QR code, and it should scan? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TMHDesign wrote:

Once a doorbell is installed, may an owner at anytime just press/ring the doorbell, place the QR code, and it should scan? 

Well, you do need to reset the doorbell via the reset button.  You should remove it from the account when doing that.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

TMHDesign
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! Resetting did the trick!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation