Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problem with Arlo Video Door Chime. No solution after many discussions with Arlo Technical Support.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
awbennett
Follower
Follower

I just finished a lengthy phone call with Rahul. I reviewed with him the numerous calls I have had with you, Nureen, Dennis, and Tom in the last three months. Rahul and I reviewed the files and he indicated that the Arlo Video door chime will not work with the Nutone Door chime in my home. I told him that I am a retired electrical engineer and have also discussed this Nutone customer support and the technician from HelloTech, the company that provides field support for Arlo systems. Everyone agrees that the Arlo video Door Chime will not work with the Nutone chime. He indicated that Arlo is working on a new Video Door chime that will work with my Nutone. However, he does not know when it will be available. He said that there is nothing further that the Technical Support group can do to refund my money. He suggested that I contact Arlo Customer Support to see if they can resolve the situation. I will contact Customer Support as soon as possible. I asked him to leave Case # 41335096 open for access by Customer Support so that I do not have to repeat the laborus process of documenting the situation. All of the individuals who I have talked with at Arlo Technical Support have been very helpful and I am very please with the Arlo Pro 3 system - except the Video Door Chime. Please confirm that my case will remain open for Arlo Customer Support. Thanks, Wayne Bennett (8645) 650-6007. The only phone number I have is for Arlo Technical Support and I have been told that there is nothing they will do. I need someone at Arlo to help. 

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

awbennett,

I've checked your support ticket and it's remaining open. If it's been determined that your Chime is not compatible with Arlo Video Doorbell, I would encourage you to purchase a compatible chime or contact the original place of purchase and reference their return policy.

If you have any further questions I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support team directly via one of the methods here: Arlo Support Center

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@awbennett wrote:

he indicated that the Arlo Video door chime will not work with the Nutone Door chime in my home. 

What chime model do you have?

I have a NuTone chime also (model LA-12).  The chime didn't ring when the power module was installed, but it did ring w/o the power module (and the doorbell appeared to be working normally).  Swapping out the transformer resolved it.

OhioNut
Aspirant
Aspirant
Man I wish I read this before fighting my Nutone system for the better part of an hour and half.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation