Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell local storage notification reliability and speed (without subscription)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pro-666
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm wondering if anyone is happy with the motion/ring notification speed they get to their phone/app while recording to local storage. I know cloud recording can cause some delay to notify you on your phone of motion or button presses.

My hope is that by going to local recording you cut out the middle man in the chain of events leading to your phone being notified. Perhaps the local storage device contacts my phone IP address directly? Because I don't want to rely on a 3rd party network (with congestion or bugs) with my security notifications. The less devices in the middle, the more reliable it will be.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Notifications are a cloud function. The local recording is just that - a recording. Notifications aren't based on that.

Pro-666
Apprentice
Apprentice

@jguerdat wrote:

Notifications are a cloud function. The local recording is just that - a recording. Notifications aren't based on that.

Still doesn't answer my question:

I'm wondering if anyone is happy with the motion/ring notification speed they get to their phone/app while recording to local storage. I know cloud recording can cause some delay to notify you on your phone of motion or button presses.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation