Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Power Kit on Friedland 115 Stockport

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JP_10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have an old Friedland chime (0,1, 2, 3), 4 wires coming in. Two wires from 16v transformer go to 0 and 3. Two other wires go to front doorbell are on 0 and 2. Per the Arlo App, the Arlo Power Kit goes on 0 and 3. When I do this I get a slight hum from the chime, even with the Power Kit selected to X. Most of the wiring diagrams I've seen typically have one transformer wire going to the chime and the another transformer wire going to the doorbell itself. Wondering if Power Kit should go on 0 and 2? Thanks for any information. 

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JP_10,

If you're experiencing an issue with the installation, I recommend contacting an electrician to be sure setup is correct.

For more information, take a look here: Where can I find professional help to install my Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wired?

JamesC

JP_10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the response, but this is a question for Arlo as it's a component of the video doorbell  system (Power Kit). Using the same doorbell chime, now just need to add the Power Kit...which I have explained the four wires attached to the chime. I tried calling support this past Monday, but was on hold for over an hour and 36 minutes, so I hung up. 

SselroC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I have a similar set up and thought I had wired it up according the the instructions from the app and cross referenced the chime diagram. At first I kept getting power outage notifications and the video would fail. I tried a second combination and got the constant buzz/hum. I contacted Arlo and can’t get full diagrams. I am currently running without the so called power unit and it is working perfectly for over 48hrs now. Basically I have an 18v power supply to the chime then the doorbell is connected to the “1” & “OF” terminals. Not sure what the actual power unit does.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation