Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

QR code for video doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
BrHd
Follower
Follower
There is power but the QR code will not show up on my phone so I cannot sync it
20 REPLIES 20
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BrHd,

Is the QR code not showing up or is the camera having trouble reading it? My Arlo device won’t scan the QR code when I am connecting it to a router; what do I do?

If you're not seeing a QR code at all, can you provide more detail on what you are seeing?

JamesC

Ewart001
Tutor
Tutor

Purchased the Arlo video doorbell and did the setup. Setup goes smoothly until it tells you require the bar code to scan with your doorbell. It checks for the hub and pushes any updates if required but it does not provide any bar code to scan. All lights and power are all good

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ewart001 wrote:

Purchased the Arlo video doorbell and did the setup. Setup goes smoothly until it tells you require the bar code to scan with your doorbell. It checks for the hub and pushes any updates if required but it does not provide any bar code to scan. All lights and power are all good

Are you onboarding onto a smarthub, or are you connecting the doorbell to your home wifi network?

Ewart001
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I went through the setup sets and using the Arlo app on my IPhone trying to connect through my wifi network. I get to the bar code and it will not go any further. If my wife uses her IPhone going through the steps she does not get the bar code, it goes to the hub but does not connect. We are not sure what to do next.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For your phone, I would try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ewart001,

If you're still experiencing an issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Ewart001
Tutor
Tutor

I decided to reset the doorbell and it did the trick. I am up and running

Darin2660
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue please post if you get a fix for the issue
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Darin2660,

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps posted in the knowledge base article for this issue?

My Arlo device won’t scan the QR code when I am connecting it to a router; what do I do?

JamesC

SHEGGIE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure where the QR code comes from? The help online mentions about troubles when the camera won't read the QR code but never mentions where the code comes from.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SHEGGIE,

The QR code is displayed when you are syncing the doorbell to a router. You can find more information here: My Arlo device won’t scan the QR code when I am connecting it to a router; what do I do?

JamesC

Rikee105
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have power, doorbell works however no Qcode ever appeared and my phone and doorbell won’t sync
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rikee105,

Are you syncing to a base station or directly to WiFi?

JamesC

Whit44
Aspirant
Aspirant
Attempting to Sync to WiFi, says it detected the base station. Not getting a QR code or even a connection
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Whit44,

If you are trying to sync to a base station, you shouldn't need a QR code to complete setup.

What exactly are you trying to do and what error is being shown?

JamesC

Bguyer1988
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t see a QR code I only see a Arlo logo and green circle
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bguyer1988,

Could you provide more details? At what point are you experiencing an issue?

JamesC

joanhohenberger
Initiate
Initiate
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

joanhohenberger,

The QR code will be displayed on your mobile device during setup if you choose to sync the doorbell directly to your router.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation