Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Please visit and post within the Arlo Community !?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Neil_M_1988
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is a really ODD method of communicating with Customer Service !

A couple weeks back, I submitted at least TWO support requests, never heard back from Arlo, so, here it goes, (sigh) . . .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2G5AJ1WLIBY8P/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07Y... 

4.0 out of 5 stars Not being 5G compatible is annoying AF !
Reviewed in the United States on August 30, 2020
Size: Arlo Video DoorbellVerified Purchase

My initial One Star review was probably unjustly harsh . . .
The limitations regarding Arlo being 5G Incompatible are STILL a factor, and, I never heard back from Arlo in regards to tickets entered into their support system.
My Townhouse was built in ’63 . Structural factors of going through glass and brick with my REAR doorbell were DEFINITELY a problem. I connected the FRONT doorbell without making ANY changes to my Wi-Fi or iPhone, ( iPhone connected to 2.4G/5G “Meshed” Wi-Fi ).
After initially connecting REAR doorbell with 5G “Meshed” Wi-Fi, it worked fine for two or three days. After it became “Disconnected”, I was able to remove/re-add four or five times. Then, after going through the “Add New Device” many times, the Arlo App on my iPhone never “Found” my REAR doorbell. After going through ALL the documentation, I decided I had to really make every effort to ensure the REAR doorbell was definitely using 2.4G Wi-Fi, (NOT 5G) !

For me, this meant:
1. Un-meshing my Wi-Fi into separate 2.4G and 5G bands on my Comcast/Xfinity Router.
2. Installing a Wi-Fi “Extender” downstairs within 15 feet of the REAR doorbell.
3. Linking the “Extender” to BOTH 2.4G and 5G Wi-Fi.
4. Reconnecting all my other devices to the new Un-meshed 2.4G and 5G Wi-Fi bands, (Alexa, Printer, Laptop, etc… ) .
5. Connecting my iPhone to the 2.4G-Ext “Extended” Wi-Fi band .
6. Going through the Arlo App “Add New Device” on my iPhone, which after 10 or 20 times is still super annoying, it’s probably 20 screens of buttons and swiping to get to the point where it generates the QR-Box for the Arlo doorbell Camera to scan.

My REAR doorbell is now operational, and working as expected.

Arlo MANUFACTURER 5 days ago
Report abuse
Hi Reviewer 2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We would appreciate the opportunity to work with you to address the concerns you shared above. Please visit and post within the Arlo Community details of what you are experiencing and include a link to your Amazon review. One of our Arlo Community moderators will reach out to you directly to help address your concerns.

We appreciate your support and patience.

Thank you,
Arlo Team

After Many, Many attempts, Arlo App could never "Find" REAR doorbell again, (sigh) . . .After Many, Many attempts, Arlo App could never "Find" REAR doorbell again, (sigh) . . .This worked for tqo or three days, then could nor be "Found" by Arlo App on my iPhoneThis worked for tqo or three days, then could nor be "Found" by Arlo App on my iPhoneUnMeshed my WiFiUnMeshed my WiFiTP-Link R220 "UnMeshed 2.4G/5G".TP-Link R220 "UnMeshed 2.4G/5G".

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Neil_M_1988,

Arlo Video Doorbell does not have an option to utilize 5ghz. It appears you were able to get the doorbell connected using 2.4ghz. Were you in need of further assistance? If you have a ticket number I can reference, I can take a look and escalate as necessary.

JamesC

Neil_M_1988
Aspirant
Aspirant

RE: If you have a ticket number I can reference, I can take a look and escalate as necessary.

It's ODD, since I never heard back weeks ago, I DON'T  have any ticket numbers !

And YES, once I Un-Meshed my 2.4/5G WiFi, (and got an "Extender"), my REAR VideoDoorbell seems to be OK, so, no further action required on your part . . 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation