Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sheppeyboy
Luminary
Luminary

I would like to add a video doorbell to my set up, does the original Elite subscription include a doorbell subscription as I don't want to start paying another subscription just for the door bell? Any comments on adding the doorbell would be great, thanks

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sheppeyboy wrote:

I would like to add a video doorbell to my set up, does the original Elite subscription include a doorbell subscription as I don't want to start paying another subscription just for the door bell? Any comments on adding the doorbell would be great, thanks

Elite can be used for the doorbell. 

But if you have more than 5 cameras total (including the doorbell), you are better off changing to Secure Plus - which has the same features, and would be cheaper.

Sheppeyboy
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Thanks, I have the original Elite at £99 per annum for up to 20 cameras (I have 9) , changing to any new subscription would increase this significantly per annum

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sheppeyboy wrote:

I have the original Elite at £99 per annum for up to 20 cameras (I have 9) , changing to any new subscription would increase this significantly per annum

I see.

FWIW, the increase isn't that much, since your legacy Elite subscription only gives you 1080p recording.  The comparable plan now is Arlo Secure, which is £8.99 per month  (£107.88 per annum).  You'd get 2K (if you have pro 3, pro 4, or ultra cameras).  Still your legacy plan is somewhat cheaper, and does give you more retention (60 days, compared with 30 now).

Sheppeyboy
Luminary
Luminary

Hi thanks, I already get 4K to the cloud, Support up to 20 cameras, 60 days cloud history, Custom Activity Zones, Person, vehicle, package, animal and CO/smoke alarm detection & Rich notifications. To change plan for an extra £56 per annum I don't see what Secure plus will give me over what I have today, I may be missing something?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sheppeyboy wrote:

I already get 4K to the cloud

My recollection is that the original Elite only offered 1080p cloud recording, and you needed to add on a per-camera "premium video recording" (PVR) subscription to get to 4K cloud recording.  Later on, they relaunched Elite to include 4K recording, but dropped the cameras from 20 down to 5.

Do you have Pro 3, Pro 4, or Ultra cameras?

Sheppeyboy
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks, I have had Elite for a number of years which included PVR before they removed it and offered as a separated option, just looked again at my subscription and it still says 20 cameras, I was surprised to find I have 14 cameras participating !! Will probably purchase a door bell and see if I can add it to the subscription, it looks like I can on the App.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation