Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No icons for manual record or snapshot in doorbell or Pro 4

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dmgs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don’t find any icons for manual recording during live view or snapshot on wired video doorbell.

I have those icons on the Pro 4..

Using Arlo app on iOS. Software and firmware appear to be up to date. Currently have trial subscriptions.

Am I missing something?  Thanks. 

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dmgs wrote:

I don’t find any icons for manual recording during live view or snapshot on wired video doorbell.

I have those icons on the Pro 4..

Using Arlo app on iOS. Software and firmware appear to be up to date. Currently have trial subscriptions.

Am I missing something?  Thanks. 

Do you see the controls on my.arlo.com?

Are you getting motion recordings on the Wired doorbell?

Dmgs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi and thanks for responding.

Just checked and control icons  are present on myArlo.com.

Yes, I am getting motion recordings on the video doorbell. 

Everything up to date on Arlo and IOS with latest firmware and software too. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dmgs wrote:

Just checked and control icons  are present on myArlo.com.

Yes, I am getting motion recordings on the video doorbell. 

Everything up to date on Arlo and IOS with latest firmware and software too. 

Good. 

On my iphone I see the recording controls briefly when I start the live stream from the doorbell.  Then they disappear, but will come back if I touch the video on the screen.

Dmgs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

On my iphone, that’s true. The icons appear, disappear and reappear on the Pro 4 but are missing on the video doorbell. There are no record or snapshot icons on the doorbells—only icons that appear are the volume and the mic. They just aren’t there ever. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dmgs wrote:

he icons appear, disappear and reappear on the Pro 4 but are missing on the video doorbell. There are no record or snapshot icons on the doorbells—only icons that appear are the volume and the mic. They just aren’t there ever. 

Odd - since they do disappear and reappear on my AVD1001.  My phone is an iPhone 12 mini running iOS 12.7.1

Dmgs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using an iPhone 11 Pro with 14.7.1 iOS.

Restarting doorbell, deleting and reinstalling app and restarting phone did nothing.

Tested on android phone and Pro 4, as before, has all the icons. The doorbell has no icons at all on that phone. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dmgs,

It sounds like you have an active trial for the Pro 4 but no active trial or subscription for the doorbell.

Check your subscriptions settings and make sure the doorbell has an active trial or paid subscription plan.

JamesC

Dmgs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I checked subscriptions status. Both the doorbell and the Pro 4 say active trial subscription ending until mid-October 2021.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dmgs,

At this point, given the troubleshooting steps you've already taken, I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Dmgs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation