Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Offer Additional Angle Bezel as an Accessory

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Kruz219
Star
Star

I just installed my Arlo Video Doorbell AVD1001-100NAS. Being where my original doorbell was located, I was only able to wire it a certain way (higher than normal). I did not need to use the angle bezel that came with the kit as the forward angle of the camera was dead-on where I wanted it. This being said, I cannot view the inner-most portion of the top step of my porch and also to cut down on the amount of sky it captures (See pic). An angled down bezel would be great if possible to be purchased as an accessory.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It's be nice to be able to angle the doorbell vertically. I'd also like to point mine with bit a downward tilt.  No need for me to see the porch ceiling.

Webic
Initiate
Initiate

Angle down and more side angle are both needed.

My video doorbell is up against a wall and the IR light at night lights up the wall and not the porch.  Further, if a package is under the camera, I can't see it... which is why I got this camera.

brh
Master
Master

I agree that an accessory pack with several different angled mounts would be nice, I used a couple of window shims and fashioned my own mount to mount behind the doorbell to get the proper angle that I needed. I also had the problem of Night Vision being too bright since my door is recessed a few inches. I was able to mostly correct the problem using the Pinch and Zoom feature in the Video Settings area.

Brian

Wa4730
Initiate
Initiate
I also concur about the accessory pack my camera view is to high would like to look lower
ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

I have the need for a spacer with my doorbell. My door frame is recessed from the lannonstone  exterior of the house.  The view I get would be much better if I could bring the doorbell out another inch. See picture.

arlo doorbell.png

benzie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need this too.  Not having it cuts off 70% of view.  Only one I can find is made specifically for Nest.

Kruz219
Star
Star
Has anyone found a solution since Arlo has not? I did come across this but wondering if it may be too much of an angle. Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/Aobelieve-Plate-Degree-Wedge-Doorbell/dp/B088LY7DWN/ref=mp_s_a_1_10_sspa?adgr...
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation