Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notification badge won’t clear on iPhone

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EGtitan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot get the notification badge on my iPhone for this app to clear after watching, and then deleting the videos and going through all the settings to make sure that I have no notifications nothing new is popped up the badge continues to say I have two new things. The only way I can get it to go away, is to uninstall the app/delete it and then reinstall it and start fresh until I get more notifications and then they won’t go away. How do I fix this? How do I clear my notifications?

8 REPLIES 8
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you please provide what app version you are on the iOS device? Does it show the correct number on the badge counter when it is showing it?

EGtitan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it does show the right number. 17.3.1 is the ISO and I just updated the app to the new look. I had to delete the app from my phone 2 times to clear the badge notifications. This 3rd time I made sure to watch every clip 2 times start to finish before deleting it and check every setting and it then was gone. If I just looked at the thumbnail and then deleted it the notification would stay no matter how many other new ones came up. 

EGtitan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just an update - when I came home and watched the video and then deleted it after… notification badge still says 1… this is incredibly annoying 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When deleting the app are you doing it from the Home Screen where it says remove app? If so can you try deleting it fully from the library, under the library it will say delete instead of remove.

EGtitan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do it from the Home Screen but I pick delete it over remove. So it’s gone and then I have to redownload/install again. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing me that information. I have passed this onto the development team. I will update as soon as possible. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

In the Arlo app can you click the silhouette in the top left hand side and then about and let me know the app version. 

EGtitan
Aspirant
Aspirant

**update** 

sorry it took me a min to get back, the fix I found was to click the camera and start watching live. Once it’s live then take a manual picture and that will then clear the notification badge off my screen and I can delete all the videos and pic. That has worked every time I’ve tried it. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation