Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Feed tab badge number not clearing

scottpev
Follower
Follower

The feed tab is showing a number as though I still have videos in my feed even though I have deleted them

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently testing a fix for this issue. Once We have a date available for when that fix can be deliver I will provide another update here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update once we have more information available to share.

JamesC

186 REPLIES 186
Mustang860
Guide
Guide

Yes that seems okay, it still has a number 14 as if I have 14 videos, 

1000005076.jpg

Mustang860
Guide
Guide

1000005075.jpg

RoseRiverGal
Aspirant
Aspirant

After working fine for ages, my badge notifications have not been clearing/resetting after I check my camera recordings. I’ve tried multiple resets in my phone and nothing has worked. Also not seeing any app updates. Apparently this has been a chronic problem in the past. Please fix this or tell me how! Thanks. 

MikesArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo2 same issue started 2 days ago.  Up to and stuck on 14 notifications now.  Newer ones will clear

devaja
Apprentice
Apprentice

This has been happening with my Feeds also a badge says 11 or 15 or some such unseen recordings/events/snapshots and it happens in the mobile app and also in the web browser (checked just now). Wife sees it too in her mobile app as a Shared account admin. I thought it had to do with the new mobile app version rolled out but since it happens in the web browser account portal that means it must be some backend wonkiness. Thanks.

devaja
Apprentice
Apprentice

This has been happening with my Feeds also a badge says 11 or 15 or some such unseen recordings/events/snapshots and it happens in the latest iOS mobile app and also in the web browser (checked just now). Wife sees it too in her iOS mobile app as a Shared account admin. I thought it had to do with the new mobile app version rolled out but since it happens in the web browser account portal that means it must be some backend wonkiness. Thanks.

Linssen
Aspirant
Aspirant

@@Arlo mine won’t let me clear my arm and disarm even after I’ve clicked on them and deleted them.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It's clear there's a bug with the badge counts.

But I'd be more worred about the lack of motion recordings.  What mode is the system in?

Mustang860
Guide
Guide

1000005079.jpg

 I agree as it hasn't picked up my outdoor cat in 3 days....

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What mode is the system in?

Have you tried walking in front of the camera?

Mustang860
Guide
Guide

"ARM AWAY" is that what you mean by mode ?  It picks me up and it picks up my car, I assume it's working....  but the video account is certainly off by 14, I delete a video and count doesn't change.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mustang860 wrote:

"ARM AWAY" is that what you mean by mode ? 

yes

@Mustang860 wrote:

It picks me up and it picks up my car, I assume it's working....  

ok.

@Mustang860 wrote:

the video account is certainly off by 14, I delete a video and count doesn't change.

Understood.  FWIW,  this is not the first time the badge counters have been wrong.  It's an issue that Arlo has repeatedly had to fix.

Sledder
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can put me on the list with same problem. Feed has been cleared but still shows a number. Reinstalled app, etc, no change. 

Rushfan
Initiate
Initiate

I’ve been having same problem for past 1-2 weeks

Kchristine
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the most recent version, I’ve tried everything suggested in the community… deleting and uploading the app, resetting factory settings, etc. but still the notifications aren’t resetting back to zero. 

Dg_in_FL
Guide
Guide

Having the same issue, so following this thread. Thanks for posting it.

Jhord
Aspirant
Aspirant

Iphone - no matter when i acknowledge or delete the notifications within the app, the app icon still has all of the notifications. Have closed and reopened app several times, restarted phone etc. 

Mcross233
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue. Started 2-3 days ago with a count of 3. Today, the count is 6.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS version 17.5.1

Shared account. My phone is the only phone experiencing the issue. The count badge goes from 6 to 0 when logging into the account from a computer, but resets to 6 when logging back in from my iPhone.

Tried multiple times:

1) Hard close app

2) Reviewing all videos in last ~6 days

3) Power-cycled the iPhone

4) Turned off/on badge notifications for the Arlo app

5) Deleted app & reinstalled the app 

Any help would be appreciated.

JShoq
Tutor
Tutor

I had Arlo Secure app setup with the same login on my iPhone and my iPad. I deleted the items in my feed on my iPhone but the number never reset on either device. I added a new login to the iPad app with reader access and its notifications cleared and stay with the number showing. However, my iPhone keeps increasing even with cleared events.i9

iOS version is 17.5.1

Arlo Secure app version is 4.15(7556)

baobito
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, cleared all videos but still show 17 feeds. Using Iphone IOS 17

CR41G
Tutor
Tutor

My Feed tab in the iOS app (iPhone SE 2020) will not clear its notifications. The app badge shows 15 notifications no matter how many times I view my feed. It did not behave this way a week ago.

devaja
Apprentice
Apprentice

So my Secure app version is 4.15 (7556) on an iPhone 15 Pro iOS version 17.5.1....Same basic issue but not just with the mobile app so think its a backend issue. I posted here too - https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/11-unseen-notifications-cannot-be-cleared-from-the-app/td-p/23408...

"This has been happening with my Feeds also a badge says 11 or 15 or some such unseen recordings/events/snapshots and it happens in the mobile app and also in the web browser (checked just now). Wife sees it too in her mobile app as a Shared account admin. I thought it had to do with the new mobile app version rolled out but since it happens in the web browser account portal that means it must be some backend wonkiness. Thanks."

Now up to 19 "unseen" events (the badge thinks) although that's not the case. I had to turn off the notifications badge for the Arlo app icon itself since was not correct.

Bahubaali
Tutor
Tutor

I have same issue

KachinaShadow
Luminary
Luminary

Just started this weekend...feed counter in both the app & web portal is continuously showing 17 videos even when there are no new videos. When new videos do appear that number of videos is then added to the 17 and when those are viewed it goes back to 17.

Note that when you click on feed, the number of videos goes away completely but when you go back to the dashboard the 17 reappears again. Interesting thing is when you click on the videos (even if there are no new ones) for a specific camera and scroll up and down the thumbnails, the 17 shows/flashes on and off only to reappear completely when you go back to the dashboard 🤔

Paul

Aldo58
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem...

For me, it is messages about "mode changes" that cause the problem.