Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable
My wired doorbell has always recorded in color at night but is now b/w. No settings have changed. I have tried switching the night vision on and off and even resetting the whole thing. One of my other Ultra cameras also sometimes shows b/w in “live” view but will switch to color is I mess around with it. What gives? I can’t find any solutions on the internet.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable
I thought of that, too but it’s still checked that he has access to it. I just removed it and reader it to his access and will check when he gets home.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:
My wired doorbell has always recorded in color at night but is now b/w. 

This does depend on how much light there is outside. Is this happening with every single recording, or just some?

You could try a test with more outdoor illumination and see if it reverts to color.

Personally I prefer a high quality nightvision recording over a low quality color one.

Retired_Member
Not applicable
The ambient light hasn’t changed. My front porch light is on. The recordings have been in color but now they’re only black and white. I also have an Ultra 4K camera out there and I’ve noticed that if I hit the “ live” watch that it too is in black and white until I tap the flashlight icon. Not even sure what that’s for. It records in color tho. I’ll try to attach a photo but this stupid page doesn’t want to allow my photo.
Retired_Member
Not applicable
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need sufficient light to get color. B&W requires less light. The Ultra "flashlight" on live view turns on the spotlight on the camera to allow color recordings.

Retired_Member
Not applicable
That makes sense for the Ultra and why it records in color (light triggers with motion and recording starts) but doesn’t address the doorbell no longer recording in color. It has always recorded in color when the porch light is on but now doesn’t.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been recent comments about this happening. All I can say is that with sufficient light the doorbell records in color - mine does.

Retired_Member
Not applicable
And mine was recording in color but no longer is. Nothing has changed with the lighting. See posted photos.
Retired_Member
Not applicable
So now I have multiple issues with this same doorbell. In an attempt (recommended here in the Community) to rectify my previously stated issue, I removed the doorbell from my account and redid it. (Not removing the actual doorbell itself, just from account) Well, it didn’t help my problem and now my spouse’s app won’t find the doorbell to add it back. It does get notifications from the doorbell but the camera doesn’t show up on the app. I am pulling my hair out! I had no problems adding it back to my app but he has full admin access and can’t get that doorbell to show up. Why is the Arlo support so awful? The only help I can ever get is here!
(Sorry for the rant. And there is even a third problem now!)
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

InJayMama,

If you removed and readded the doorbell, it will no longer be shared with your husbands account. You need to go back to your Grant Access settings and toggle sharing on for the doorbell for it to be visible again on his account.

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable
I thought of that, too but it’s still checked that he has access to it. I just removed it and reader it to his access and will check when he gets home.
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Well, the issue was resolved for about a week but it’s now again in b/w instead of color. What gives?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're continuing to experience the same issue, I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to investigate further: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable
While I appreciate your response, as I have said repeatedly, customer service has been of no help whatsoever. It’s really sad! As much as these products costs, these folks should be at my beck and call!
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation