Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No basic cloud accounts anymore?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Westone90
Follower
Follower
I just purchased one on the presumption that you guys would at least provide a basic cloud service for free... only to find out you took it away in December?? I mean I can go buy a certain highly rated security camera for $20 on Amazon(*Cough* Wyze)and literally get a week of free event recording. Thinking about just putting my old doorbell back on and returning this. Ridiculous. $150 to be told I need to pay $5 a month to use it.
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Only for the Pro 2 and older cameras. STarting with the Ultras, any new camera requires a subscription for full functionality. You can use the doorbell without the sub, I believe, and would still get calls to the phone but no cloud recordings. If connected to one of the newer hubs with local storage enabled, you would be able to record and view those locally but not on the cloud.

Pro-666
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Westone90 wrote:
I just purchased one on the presumption that you guys would at least provide a basic cloud service for free... only to find out you took it away in December?? I mean I can go buy a certain highly rated security camera for $20 on Amazon(*Cough* Wyze)and literally get a week of free event recording. Thinking about just putting my old doorbell back on and returning this. Ridiculous. $150 to be told I need to pay $5 a month to use it.

Ya, what'll really chap yur hide is when you think about all the companies that give you free "cloud" storage, like Microsoft, DropBox, Apple, Google & etc.. They've set the standard. Now, when companies come along and want to charge you for storage, it feels like a kick in the groin.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation