Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bredewoldski
Tutor
Tutor
Hello, I have a Arlo Essential (outdoor) and a wired videodoorbell with a secure multicamera subscription.
Today my new Arlo Pro smart hub arrived it’s the VMB4540.
When i stop my subscription en I use the local storage, is the motion detection than still working or do I need that secure subcription?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bredewoldski wrote:
Hello, I have a Arlo Essential (outdoor) and a wired videodoorbell with a secure multicamera subscription.
When i stop my subscription en I use the local storage, is the motion detection than still working or do I need that secure subcription?

Motion detection and notifications will still work.  You won't see thumbnails in the library, and you will need to download the videos to view them.  Also, they can only be viewed by the primary account (no friend access).  It can be a little tricky to get local storage access to work when you are away from home.

BTW, you also lose cloud activity zones.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bredewoldski wrote:

Motion detection and notifications will still work.  You won't see thumbnails in the library, and you will need to download the videos to view them.  Also, they can only be viewed by the primary account (no friend access).  It can be a little tricky to get local storage access to work when you are away from home.

BTW, you also lose cloud activity zones.

Bredewoldski
Tutor
Tutor
Ok, Thanks!
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation