Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Leave a message feature

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Frizzle77
Follower
Follower
I want my doorbell to function as a doorbell. I think it's very strange and awkward that my doorbell starts asking people to leave a message when they press the doorbell. I also don't want my phone to ring when my doorbell is pressed. If I wanted a phone call when someone was at my door I would have hung a phone outside. Just send me a notification and I can choose to go into the app and connect and talk from there. Such a strange feature. I would have gone with a different brand if I knew this was how it was. Please add more user flexibility in app so we can choose how we want our doorbell to operate. Let it operate as a doorbell by default and if people want it to be a weird doorbell / phone hybrid they can choose that in the settings.
1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @Frizzle77

The Arlo doorbells have a feature within the app called Silent Mode. You can adjust if you would like to have just your phone ring or both chime/phone. You can find this under Settings > My Devices > Select the Doorbell >  Silent Mode. 

You can also toggle the leave a message feature On/Off if you scroll down a but and locate the Call Settings > Leave Your Message. 

Hope that helps

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation