Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Gabel2019
Tutor
Tutor
Is there a way to disable or silence calls coming in but keep the regular doorbell chime? I see an option to silence the video doorbell but that kills the chime too. Thanks!
19 REPLIES 19
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gabel2019,

Silent mode disables both incoming calls and chimes. For more information on this, take a look here: How do I receive incoming calls on my smartphone from the Arlo Audio Doorbell?

JamesC

Gabel2019
Tutor
Tutor
I understand that, is there any possibility of a future app update where you can allow the door chime but silence incoming calls? I know from other message boards there was a similar issue early on with the arlo voice doorbell and then it was updated to allow you to mute one or the other.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gabel2019,

The development team is paying very close attention to feedback on enhancements like what you suggest here. I will pass this feedback along to the development team for consideration.

JamesC

Cody1385
Guide
Guide

The Arlo Audio Doorbell has the feature to turn off the incoming call but leave the chime on. See the link https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Audio-Doorbell/Turn-off-calls-when-doorbell-is-pressed/m-p/167324.... How come the Video Doorbell doesn't have it?

Gabel2019
Tutor
Tutor
That post is for the audio doorbell the video doorbell doesn’t have that feature yet for some reason, that’s for the response though.
JE0108
Initiate
Initiate
Yes please give us a way to silence the calls but keep the chime. I would still like my doorbell to ring but don’t need it to also call my phone to tell me someone is at the door!
Ken3098
Aspirant
Aspirant

I liked the video doorbell and I even thought the subscription was ok, not to expensive but in the end I discontinued the subscription since I could not turn off the call feature without also turning off the chime. Unfortunately when you don’t have a subscription no recordings are saved. I find the doorbell pretty useless without it actually recording and storing a video for at least seven days just like the my other Arlo cameras. But I also find the call feature so... annoying. I’m looking for alternatives. Maybe the Ring doorbell?

ArtBarr
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ArtBarr,

This feature is now available within your Arlo Video Doorbell settings.

Log in to your Arlo Mobile app and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your Arlo Video Doorbell > Silent Mode > toggle Incoming Call

JamesC

ArtBarr
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m not seeing the new setting.  It still states that if I turn on silent mode both incoming call and the chime will be turned off.  I want to be able to turn disable the incoming call but leave the chime on.

Has there been a firmware update that I need to run?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ArtBarr,

After further investigation it appears this toggle may be missing for the Android client (should be present and working on iOS).

I will review this with the development team and provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

ArtBarr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using the latest version of iOS.  The setting is not there.

AntB
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was excited to see this feature was enabled and encountered the same thing on iOS when going to silence mode. If you turn silence on, it then opens up two more options, allowing you to silence the chime, calls, or both. Awesome that this is now possible! 

JE0108
Initiate
Initiate
This is still not showing as an option for me (on iOS). Only can silence it completely, no additional options showing up.
AntB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Did you check to make sure your Arlo app has updated to the latest version? It’s working on all three iOS devices in our household. 

ArtBarr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I show version 2.15 (released March 2020) of my Arlo app.

And, I’m running the latest version of iOS but still not seeing the new settings.

What type of chime are you using?

AntB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thats weird. I have a mechanical chime and think Im on the same app version. My app specifically shows as Version 2.15 (147) Released Mar 30, 2020.

I attached a picture of what it looks like in my app when I select silent mode. Sorry I couldn’t  be more helpful. Doesn’t make sense to me why you wouldn’t have the same option if on iOS and same app version. Maybe the (147) after my version number makes a difference?

ArtBarr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact 147 app version.  Agree.  Weird.  I’ve checked another iOS device in my home with access to my doorbell and it does not show the settings either.  Are you subscribed to the Smart or CVR plans?  I’m currently not subscribed and don’t think that should make a difference.  I’m still waiting to hear from Arlo tech support regarding the case that has been submitted on my behalf.

AntB
Apprentice
Apprentice
Well that appears to be the difference for us- I do have a smart plan. I would hope that isn’t what would make the difference though, that wouldn’t be right on Arlo’s part.

Another thought, is the doorbell connected directly to your home Wi-Fi or do you have it going through an Arlo smart hub? I just recently connected through the hub instead of Wi-Fi. Unfortunately, I don’t know if I had the silence options before or not.
Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation