Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Intermittent doorbell notifications, Android App 4.1.1_28514

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rbwilliams45
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo doorbell:

Firmware 1.17.0.0_1407-6f0b9c9_1c1a749

Hardware ACD1001Ar1.2

Android App 4.1.1_28514

I have two identical Android phones; both have a solid 5G connection to the TMobile network. Both phones are setup to receive notifications from the doorbell.

Notifications from the door bell to my phones happen correctly about 50% of the time. That is: both phones receive the notification tone at nearly the same time. Sometimes only one phone gets the notification and sometimes neither phone is notified.

Why is this happening? I can't rely on the doorbell as a security device, since I can't trust whether a notification will come to my phone.

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue with the latest firmware version 1.17.1.0?

Is this occurring with the push notifications or the phone calls? 

rbwilliams45
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes the problem still happens.

The problem only happens with push notifications and has been happening since we've had the doorbell. Originally, I had only one phone with the Arlo App installed. Occasionally the doorbell would detect someone/something at the door (no doorbell push) and the phone would not be notified. I could later see the incident in the Arlo library.

When I installed the App on the second phone, the missing notification became more obvious, since most times both phone would beep from the notification, but sometimes only one phone would beep, sometimes neither would beep.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

rbwilliams45
Aspirant
Aspirant

Troubleshooting?? Its pretty simple really.

- Remember: two identical Android phones, both with the Arlo App. Both phones on and connected to TMobile.

- Doorbell is on and functioning normally.

- I go out the door next to the doorbell.

- one phone gets a notification and beeps. The second phone does nothing.

- repeat the test, and both phones get notification.

- repeat the test, and neither phone gets notification.

I cannot predict when a notification will alert either phone.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried turning the notifications off and on in the Arlo app and removing and re-onboading the doorbell?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation