Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hub disarming after doorbell install

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SomeYahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ever since I added a video doorbell to my system, my main hub, and therefore the rest of my cameras, consistently disarm themselves. Doesn't matter if I set them to armed or geofencing mode, they disarm after an arbitrary amount of time.

Can anyone help troubleshoot, other than removing the video doorbell?

Much appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SomeYahoo,

Arlo Video Doorbell doesn't sync to your SmartHub/Base Station and doesn't have any interaction with the modes/rules in the base. Are you using schedule or any third party integrations like IFTTT?

JamesC

SomeYahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
My normal mode is geofencing, but I have also tried schedule and armed with the same results. I do not have any interfaces with IFTTT, but the cameras are connected to SmartThings and some WecCore pistons run off the motion sensors. They do not interact with the arm/disarm function.

I'm thinking it might be app related?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SomeYahoo,

I recommend removing the SmartThings integration and manually setting the mode to "Armed" and test again to isolate the issue. Please let us know if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

SomeYahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well, removing the cameras from SmartThings seems to have done it, but I've lost all my automations because of it. Any clue why the doorbell would cause SmartThings to diaarm the Arlo hub?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SomeYahoo,

It sounds like it could be a bug within the SmartThings app. Now that you've removed the cameras, try adding them and test to see if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

SomeYahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep. Re-added them and it went back to disarming. Didn't happen before I had the video doorbell. What about the video doorbell could cause this issue? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SomeYahoo,

I've not seen other reports of this, I encourage you to open a support ticket with the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

SomeYahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Case opened. I'll let you know what I find out.

SomeYahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Two weeks later and still no response. What can I do now???

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation