Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to connect 3 wires (1, 2, T) chime with one front doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
amxing
Aspirant
Aspirant

My current chime is Edwards C110 with 3 connected wires, namely 1, 2, and T. Please refer to below photo. Which two wires should I connect with Arlo wired video doorbell, or should I get some stuff to get job done?

Thanks. 

Maixing 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark-V
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @amxing ,

Your chime setup is pretty straightforward. It appears to be a standard "three wire with no battery" chime. Instead of the usual labeling of "Front", "Rear", and "Trans", yours instead has "1", "2", and "T". In this case, "T" is the transformer. "1" and "2" refer to the two doorbell connections instead of "Front" and "Rear". As a result, follow the normal "wires only" and "three wire" instructions in the Arlo App during installation.

For the installation of the AVD1001 Video Doorbell, you will need to connect the Power Kit to "T" and to either "1" or "2", depending on which doorbell you are replacing.

If you don't know which doorbell is #1 or #2, or if you only have one existing doorbell and don't know which terminal it's connected to, you'll need to do a quick test:

1. Turn off the breaker to the chime.

2. Disconnect the wire to #1 only.

3. Turn on the breaker to the chime.

4. Test your doorbell(s). If a doorbell stopped working, you know it was connected to #1. If it is still working, it's connected to #2.

Beyond that, I do recommend watching our YouTube video on the Video Doorbell installation. It's about five minutes and your setup is included: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMogHU9MyPI

Thank you,

Mark V

L3 Tech

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mark-V
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @amxing ,

Your chime setup is pretty straightforward. It appears to be a standard "three wire with no battery" chime. Instead of the usual labeling of "Front", "Rear", and "Trans", yours instead has "1", "2", and "T". In this case, "T" is the transformer. "1" and "2" refer to the two doorbell connections instead of "Front" and "Rear". As a result, follow the normal "wires only" and "three wire" instructions in the Arlo App during installation.

For the installation of the AVD1001 Video Doorbell, you will need to connect the Power Kit to "T" and to either "1" or "2", depending on which doorbell you are replacing.

If you don't know which doorbell is #1 or #2, or if you only have one existing doorbell and don't know which terminal it's connected to, you'll need to do a quick test:

1. Turn off the breaker to the chime.

2. Disconnect the wire to #1 only.

3. Turn on the breaker to the chime.

4. Test your doorbell(s). If a doorbell stopped working, you know it was connected to #1. If it is still working, it's connected to #2.

Beyond that, I do recommend watching our YouTube video on the Video Doorbell installation. It's about five minutes and your setup is included: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMogHU9MyPI

Thank you,

Mark V

L3 Tech

amxing
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for instruction. It is very helpful. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation