Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
arlouser121119
Star
Star

How do I shorten the length of ringing when someone pressed the doorbell? Not everyone in the family is holding on to their phones 24/7. Ringing for 20 seconds whenever doorbell is pressed is torturing.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arlouser121119,

The call can be declined after the doorbell button has been pressed by tapping the "decline" button on your mobile device or accepted by tapping the accept button. If you accept, this will open two-way communication with whoever pressed the doorbell button.

JamesC

arlouser121119
Star
Star

That's not what I'm looking for.  As I said in my post, not everyone hold on to their for 24/7, sometimes we leave the phone unattended, i.e. my wife is cooking in the kitchen, I'm in the shower. We left our phones in the bedroom, when doorbell is pressed, our son answered the door, but our phones keep ringing for 20 seconds. We should not need to rush to our phone just to hit the "decline" button to make it stop. Ringing should be just as short as  traditional doorbell chime. The person at the door can always press the doorbell again to get attention.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arlouser121119 wrote:

Ringing should be just as short as  traditional doorbell chime. 

No.  My traditional chime sounds for about a second - not enough time to get the phone out of my pocket, let alone answer it.  And if I am away from home, I need enough time to answer the phone - and not depend on a delivery person to ring the bell again (which they won't do anyway).

IMO, this is just a phone call like any other.  Sometimes convenient to answer, sometimes not.

arlouser121119
Star
Star

Well no, delivery person usually ring the doorbell more than once he/she expect someone sign the package. This has been the case here. We should given an option to treat their doorbell chime as a phone call or not.

jbromheadsd
Tutor
Tutor
Or better yet - give option on video doorbell to turn off the ringing on select phones/shorten the time

The mute needs the same changes as on the audio doorbell as well - right now if you mute the phone calls, it mutes the inside chime as well

Also I have two admins and one without admin rights, but all three phones ring

It also appears that it is the app ringing the phone, so it's not a real phone call, so their isn't a number that can be blocked to allow only one main phone to get the call.

I agree with other comments that ringing should stop when anyone answers the call
jbromheadsd
Tutor
Tutor

I may have found a workaround

1) saved the contact as 'Doorbell' in my contacts list on iphone for the call I received from Arlo when my doorbell was pushed

2) changed ringtone setting just for that contact to "note"

3) now when I get a call because someone pressed the doorbell, I get a short "ding" sound versus my usual "old phone" ring. It does seem to repeat every few seconds but it is nowhere near as annoying

still be nice to be able to disable the calling, but let main doorbell chime still work

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation