Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two chimes, two doorbells

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mgk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two doorbells (front and rear) that are both connected to two chimes -- if you press either doorbell, it rings at both chimes. I am wondering about installing two video doorbells in the place of my existing traditional doorbells. I have no problem connecting the actual doorbells, but wondering if anyone has advice on what to do with the power units. Should I connect both power units in one chime (one across the "front" connections and one across the "rear" connections)? If I do that, I'm not sure if there's a problem with the other chime having no power unit at all.

Appreciate any suggestions...

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mgk wrote:

Should I connect both power units in one chime (one across the "front" connections and one across the "rear" connections)? If I do that, I'm not sure if there's a problem with the other chime having no power unit at all.

What's expected is to connect both power modules to one of the chimes (one for front and one for rear).  

mgk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will do. Thanks for the response.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mgk wrote:

Will do. Thanks for the response.

FWIW, I have a similar setup (two old mechanical chimes).  But in my case, the chimes only work if the power module isn't installed at all.

While my system seems to be working properly w/o the power module, I'm still working with Arlo to figure out what's going on.  So if you also run into this, you should probably contact support. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation