Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with installation of Wired AVD

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jastilley
Aspirant
Aspirant
Almost two years ago I purchased the wired Arlo video doorbell. With the pandemic, I put off getting anyone to install it. Recently I had someone try to do the install. My transformer is a three wire transformer with wires labeled front, rear, and trans. The installer did not install the power kit on the transformer, but did check the voltage and said it was good enough for the doorbell. However, the doorbell never lit up or worked after trying to add it to my Arlo account. The installer said it was either a bad doorbell or the internal battery was dead. He thought it might start working after the internal battery charged. It never has. Should the power kit have been installed?? If it’s getting a high enough voltage, do I assume it’s just a bad doorbell?? Appreciate any input y’all could offer. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The internal battery has to have a charge to work but certainly should be fine within an hour. The power kit has nothing to do with the setup of the doorbell but may be needed if you want proper operation of an existing chime. It would appear to be a bad doorbell after all this time being hooked up unless the wiring isn't proper. The voltage needs to be checked at the doorbell. A simple check (that ignores the voltage level) would be to reinstall the old button to ensure everything works right. If so, the voltage check at the doorbell is needed.

Unfortunately, after 2 years your warranty has expired so you'd need to buy a new doorbell.

Jastilley
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks so much for the response. I am thinking it is likely a bad doorbell. 😩 I will try your troubleshooting steps to confirm that though! If it is bad, it is my own fault for not getting it installed when I first bought it! 😔 Thanks again for your information and suggestions! Much appreciated!
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation