Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with Arlo Wired Doorbell - Unifi Network

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cobalty2004
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just purchased an Arlo wired doorbell.

I am able to have this unit connect to my 2,4ghz network however the app is stuck and will not locate my device.

This device has an IP address assigned by my router, I am able to ping this device from my phone, and I can see traffic, although small, going to/from this device.

Any tips or help?  I have mDNS enabled, as this network is on a VLAN separate from my APs and router.  However so is my phone and all my other IOT devices are OK with this too.

Signal is -58dbm and I have a throughput of 72mbps which is plenty.

I have all the fancy options disabled on my wifi network like fast roaming, bss transitions and management frames.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Oh and I do run a Pi-hole that uses cloudflare, and I see nothing blocked from my Pihole on this client.  I even disabled its functionality to no avail. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

UPNP won't help. As for locations of Arlo servers, I don't know of a published list but they are all cloud-based, scattered over the globe. I'm in the US and the servers have been in Ireland, likely due to EU privacy restrictions (lowest common denominator thing). You can try using traceroute to see if you can figure out where yours is.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cobalty2004
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do I need to enable upnp for the device to be discoverable?

Also I have 90% of the world geoip blocked, what countries do the arlo servers reside in?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

UPNP won't help. As for locations of Arlo servers, I don't know of a published list but they are all cloud-based, scattered over the globe. I'm in the US and the servers have been in Ireland, likely due to EU privacy restrictions (lowest common denominator thing). You can try using traceroute to see if you can figure out where yours is.

Cobalty2004
Aspirant
Aspirant
Lol… I have Ireland geoIP blocked…

I’ll remove when I get home and test.
Cobalty2004
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unblocking Ireland solved my issue, thank you!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation