Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How can I disarm my doorbell while keeping my other cameras armed

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
leonmpls
Follower
Follower

We live on a cul-de-sac and no matter what I do, our doorbell picks up everything from a car turning around, to a deer, etc.   We only arm things at night, on a schedule.  Essentially, arm everything while we are asleep.     I would like to change that to "Arm everything except the front doorbell while we are asleep".

I did some searching and experimented with custom modes,  but that doesn't seem like a solve unless I am misunderstanding something.  It seems like a 1 to many if statement, where you can have a trigger device and then subsequent actions after that condition is met.   

We like the doorbell for answering when we aren't around, etc., but it is waking me up regularly in the middle of the night.  No one could get next to the house with the other cameras being armed, so I would prefer to just ignore the doorbell overnight if possible.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Custom modes and the use of the schedule would be the likely answer. You could create a nighttime mode that has a rule for the doorbell which does not include any notifications  as well as a daytime mode that does and then place them in the schedule as appropriate (to span days, create a schedule for night that goes to 11:59PM and then on the next day start at 12:00AM). The nighttime mode could also just not have a rule for the doorbell.

An alternative is to use an activity zone that removes the street and reduce the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules. I happen to use a sensitivity setting of 45 which works well for me.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation