Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting access for video doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jmh684
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having trouble granting access to my video doorbell for the people that I already have permission to for my Smarthub. The doorbell can't connect to my smarthub and it says I don't have permission to grant access to my doorbell. How can I fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jmh684,

When you say the doorbell can't connect to your SmartHub, what issue are you experiencing? We release some fixes late last night that should allow you to sync the doorbell to the SmartHub, take a look at the post here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/Doorbell-Won-t-Connect-to-Base-Station-or-Wireless...

Alternatively, if you have your doorbell connected directly to your home WiFi, you should still be able to grant access to it for other users using the grant access instructions here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

Jmh684
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I read that thread and I have an older model SmartHub and I'm guessing that is why it doesn't give me the option to link with it when I installed it. (The SmartHub never showed up on my options to select). 

And as far as granting access, this person already has access to other cameras connected to my SmartHub but when I go through the menu to add this doorbell, I get a message that says "You do not have permission to perform this task" or something to that effect.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jmh684,

Are you using the primary account? Can you provide a screenshot of the error message?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation