Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Seeing different things between desktop PC web app and iPad Pro Arlo App?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hss55
Guide
Guide

So I think I have all the power issues worked out and got the doorbell camera reconnected, etc.

Just spent about an hour racking my brain trying to figure out why I couldn't get the camera to pickup motion or record and why I couldn't setup new modes with the doorbell camera.  I even double checked my subscriptions, etc. (I have the 10 camera plan).

Finally on a whim, I remembered someone asking what device I was using so I tried my iPad Pro instead.  Completely different.  I was able to get everything setup, setup some new modes, and got everything running from that.

Anyone from Arlo know why the iPad app would be so different than the web interface?   I know its a completely different beast as far as programming, etc. so guessing the web app is a bit behind in development?  

I also noticed through the web app that the camera battery is still fluctuating a bit between 94% and 100%.  Is that actually happening or another fluke with the web app?   I just installed a 16v transformer but might need to go to a 24v one if the batt drains too much.

Also, in case it matters, I'm on Win 10 with all the latest updates and using the latest version of Firefox.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I actually use the browser more than the app (I have the Android version) and find that the browser generally works better. Maybe you didn't save at various points? Yes, the app and web versions are different - I've noticed that the Save isn't always needed on some pages but is on others. And the location of Save is different, too.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation