Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PIXLhunter
Tutor
Tutor

Since this morning the Google Assistant on my Sonos is chiming everytime the doorbell detects a person. It'll say "Person is at front door". I have not changed any settings or altered anything with the Google app.

Can I disable this as I really dont like it.

I searched through both Home and Arlo settings and found no settings related to this.

I want to keep the notification if the doorbell is pressed as this is my 'chime box'

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You could try disabling the motion notifications via my.arlo.com - the doorbell would still notify you when pressed.  One way to do this is to set up a custom mode that still saves the motion recordings, but doesn't notify you.  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

The downside is that you won't get motion alerts on any device.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No idea if something changed but there seems to be a rash of similar complaints and they all seem to involve use of Google Home. I may be misinterpreting this but...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

No idea if something changed but there seems to be a rash of similar complaints and they all seem to involve use of Google Home. I may be misinterpreting this but...

Yeah.  My suggestion is really a work-around, not a solution.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation