Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Get no sound from doorbell ring or motion notification

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BobGorn
Aspirant
Aspirant
The doorbell is installed and everything with video seems to work... meaning the app sends visual notification to my pixel phone(Arlo logo at top of phone). I see both motion alerts and when the doorbell is rung, my phone "rings" showing a call from Arlo. The issue is there is zero notification or ring sound on my phone. I have app notifications enabled and there are default system sounds associated with notifications and ringtone. I get a sound with any other app notifications and ringtone with calls from anything other than Arlo. I missed a delivery today because the phone didn't have an audible ringtone today. What's the deal with this?
9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app.

BobGorn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did both and restarted the doorbell....no change.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone and OS version?

BobGorn
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's a Pixel 3 running Android 10.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm using a Pixel 3 XL on Android 10 with no issues. You may need to reset the phone to get the notifications to work.

The ringtone is the same one used by the phone while notifications for recordings are able to be configured specifically for the app (I use Sad Trombone). Do you get either or none? When you check the app settings in the phone settings, click on the Notifications (not the slider) and verify that you show Alerting, not Silent.

BobGorn
Aspirant
Aspirant
The phone had a factory reset recently. The app notifications are set to alerting and default notification sound. I get no sound for either notifications or an Arlo phone call. Only the visual icon and I can visibly see that there is a call.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BobGorn,

Have you tried something other than the default settings for the ringtone and push notification sound? Does this result in the same behavior?

JamesC

BobGorn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have no option to set a unique ringtone for Arlo..or any ringtone for Arlo for that matter. I see a call from Arlo but no way to associate a ringtone to it.

For notifications I can choose a sound but it has to be the default sound, which I have changed.

Still no sound from Arlo. I'm very perplexed because I've tried all the basic stuff I can think of.
BobGorn
Aspirant
Aspirant
So my wife tested on her iPhone and it works perfectly. It's some issue with the Pixel or the Android app.
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation