Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo video doorbell - doorbell stops sensing motion if the doorbell pressed

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Apbaut74
Aspirant
Aspirant

My doorbell stops sensing motion if the doorbell pressed. It still indicates motion sensor is one but does not detect when there is motion. I have already reset and was working fine until fedex rang the doorbell for a delivery. Now won’t detect motion. What could be causing this if I have to keep resetting it is not worth it.
Any advice appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apbaut74,

Are you using the default Armed mode or a custom mode?

JamesC

Apbaut74
Aspirant
Aspirant
Using the default armed mode. After resetting the doorbell worked fine then after The doorbell rang it stopped. It has prior to reset begin to work intermittently but then back to not picking up motion. I think it just doesn’t work right. I may need to see about returning it and getting another brand for doorbell. My sister has Ring and has not had these issues at all.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apbaut74,

Does the doorbell have full signal strength at it's location? Poor signal strength could result in the symptoms you're describing.

JamesC

Fullarton
Aspirant
Aspirant

The design of the Arlo Video Doorbell should be pretty familiar to anyone with even a passing interest in smart doorbells — if you’ve seen a Nest Hello, the Video Doorbell is going to look like its spitting image.

TurboVR4
Guide
Guide

I am experiencing the exact same problem.  Doorbell starts to record video after detecting motion however as soon as the doorbell is pressed the recording stops even though I have it set to record for 60 seconds.  I've narrowed it down to the fact that I have the new 'Incoming Call' option disabled under Silent Mode. If I enable the incoming call the doorbell records normally.  I appreciate finally having the ability to silence the phone call and only ring the chime however there is no way it should stop recording motion with incoming call disabled.   

kirbdoc
Tutor
Tutor

Same thing happens to me. In silent mode stops recording when the doorbell is pressed.  Also stops recording if the call is declilned.  Any resolution?

Apbaut74
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi it does have full signal. When it decides to start sense motion it only records cars passing and not people in front of the door. I have activity zone and does nothing. Doorbell has not sensed motion for days now. Guess it is a bad device.
Apbaut74
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t use the silent mode and still not working. Guess I need to find my receipt to see if I can return.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation